Contributions are welcome. If you discover bugs or issues, or have ideas for
improvements or new features, please file a report on the issue tracker for this
repository. Follow the guidelines below to make sure everything goes smoothly.
- Check that the issue has not already been reported
- Check that the issue has not already been fixed in the latest code
- Open an issue with a clear title
- Write as grammatically correct as you can in the description.
- Perform all changes on a topic branch for easier merging
- Follow the coding conventions already in use
- Verify Emacs Lisp code with
- Add unit tests whenever possible
- Open a pull request
relating to a single issue.
- Use a
gulp- prefix for all public names.
- Use a
gulp-- prefix for all internal names.
Write meaningful docstrings for all functions and vars.
- Document all functions and variables as directed by
- Consider using Flycheck to automate
checkdoc while you're editing.
Common Lisp functions
cl-lib instead of
cl library pollutes the global namespace and
its usage is therefore discouraged.
cl-lib, which adds prefixes to all cl function names
- Use noflet instead of
when you need to dynamically rebind functions.