Add CONTRIBUTING.md file
5 years ago
1 changed files
Download Patch File
Download Diff File
@ -0,0 +1,45 @@
Contributions are welcome. If you discover bugs or issues, or have ideas for
improvements or new features, please file a report on the issue tracker for this
repository. Follow the guidelines below to make sure everything goes smoothly.
## Issue reporting
- Check that the issue has not already been reported
- Check that the issue has not already been fixed in the latest code
- Open an issue with a clear title
- Write as grammatically correct as you can in the description.
## Pull requests
- Perform all changes on a topic branch for easier merging
- Follow the coding conventions already in use
- Verify Emacs Lisp code with
- Add unit tests whenever possible
- Open a [
relating to a single issue.
## Coding Conventions
- Use a
prefix for all public names.
- Use a
prefix for all internal names.
Write meaningful docstrings for all functions and vars.
- Document all functions and variables as directed by
- Consider using [
) to automate
while you're editing.
### Common Lisp functions
library pollutes the global namespace and
its usage is therefore discouraged.
, which adds prefixes to all cl function names
- Use [
) instead of
when you need to dynamically rebind functions.