Add CONTRIBUTING.md file
3 years ago
1 changed files
Download Patch File
Download Diff File
@@ -0,0 +1,45 @@
Contributions are welcome. If you discover bugs or issues, or have ideas for
improvements or new features, please file a report on the issue tracker for this
repository. Follow the guidelines below to make sure everything goes smoothly.
## Issue reporting
- Check that the issue has not already been reported
- Check that the issue has not already been fixed in the latest code
- Open an issue with a clear title
- Write as grammatically correct as you can in the description.
## Pull requests
- Perform all changes on a topic branch for easier merging
- Follow the coding conventions already in use
- Verify Emacs Lisp code with `checkdoc`
- Add unit tests whenever possible
- Open a [pull request](https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests)
relating to a single issue.
## Coding Conventions
- Use a `zerodark-` prefix for all public names.
- Use a `zerodark--` prefix for all internal names.
Write meaningful docstrings for all functions and vars.
- Document all functions and variables as directed by `checkdoc`.
- Consider using [Flycheck](https://github.com/flycheck/flycheck) to automate
`checkdoc` while you're editing.
### Common Lisp functions
Use `cl-lib` instead of `cl`. The `cl` library pollutes the global namespace and
its usage is therefore discouraged.
- Use `cl-lib`, which adds prefixes to all cl function names
- Use [noflet](https://github.com/nicferrier/emacs-noflet) instead of `flet`
when you need to dynamically rebind functions.